Jordan McCoy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan McCoy Forum

Jordan McCoy Fansite Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Communal Festivals of Kerala

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JudyLuke
On my Way
On my Way

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-10

Communal Festivals of Kerala Empty
PostSubject: Communal Festivals of Kerala   Communal Festivals of Kerala Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:36 am

A Kerala Tourism will offer a rare picture of secular co-existence and religious harmony. Miladi Sharif or barah wafat, the Birthday celebration of Prophet Mohammed, is a major Muslim festival in Kerala that falls on the 20th of April.
During these days, learned men deliver sermons on the life and noble deeds of the Prophet, night-long discourses are conducted by Muslim Ulemas on various aspects of the life of the Prophet. Thus through the celebrations connected with the Miladi Sherif, the Muslim masses get an opportunity to be enlightened on the life and teachings of the Prophet.
The celebration of the Miladi Sherif in certain parts of the State, for instance Ponnani, is marked by busy activity connected with large scale feeding of the poor. Here in the Muslim Center, one finds that the town active during the whole night busily engaged in the charitable work of supplying food to the poor.
Recently Miladi Sherif celebration has assumed greater importance in Kerala. Colorful processions are also held through the towns reciting Thakbir and finally converge on some central place where public meetings are held. Well-known speakers address these public gatherings on the various aspects of the Prophet’s life.
Back to top Go down
Twiggy.xo
Admin
Admin
Twiggy.xo

Female Number of posts : 493
Fav.Jordan Song : like i care
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Communal Festivals of Kerala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Communal Festivals of Kerala   Communal Festivals of Kerala Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 12:38 pm

welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://jordanmccoyforum.forumotion.com

Communal Festivals of Kerala
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jordan McCoy Forum :: General Discussion :: Off Topic-
Jump to: